Monday, February 6, 2012

Cozy Sweater for a Chilly Monday

First real post!  Here we go...


This sweater has been my favorite all winter long - the different knit across the chest, wide bands on the sleeves and bottom, and marbled print all result in multiple textures that provide visual interest.  The dolman sleeve style and length keeps you cozy without getting in the way, and the knit conforms to the body without clinging too closely.  I also have this sweater in a marbled gray and white, and they've both been in heavy rotation in my wardrobe.

When I have a strong texture or pattern on top, I usually try to keep the bottom understated with solid black pants and a simple shiny flat - in fact, this is a pretty standard formula for me.  The pants I am wearing are the Modern Boot fit from Gap.  Due to my height, I get them in the "ankle" length and they actually work well with flats as if they were a regular length (though with heels, they'd be too short).

For a wide boatneck top like this, I like longer necklaces and a dangly earring.  For this outfit, I used a set with purple glass beads and a hematite metal chain, with a coordinating metal cuff bracelet - the shine in the jewelry is a contrast to the thick knit fabric and lends a bit more of a sophisticated edge overall.




Sweater, necklace, earrings, and bracelet: The Limited
Pants: Gap
Shoes: Halogen from Nordstrom
Bag: Nine&Co. from Kohls

The sweater is no longer available, but The Limited has a similar style available right now in a a few solid colors (lavender, bright pink, and gray) - Get it [here] and see it below:


No comments:

Post a Comment