Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Lunch with Friends

And we're back!


As it turns out, I picked a bad month to start this blog, so posts may continue to be a bit sporadic due to lack of time.  However, today I took a nice break and had lunch in Oak Park with my friends Sam and Chelsey - thanks to Sam for taking the photos of me today!

It was nice and sunny today, but still only in the 30s, so I decided to stay warm in a big fuzzy cowlneck sweater.  You can always dress up a big sweater a bit by cinching in the waist with a belt - I just used a woven fringey one I've had for quite some time and let the end hang down.  Add skinny jeans and boots, and you're pulled together and still comfortable.

I always tend to pair my neutral light-colored tops with dark browns - I like the contrast, and it all fits within the same earthy palette.

I also threw in a few one-of-a-kind pieces I picked up on previous travels to Los Angeles.  My earrings were purchased from an artist at a farmer's market in Silverlake who recycles bits of old jewelry with other materials to make new pieces.  Also, my purse is by [De La Luna Designs] from LA-based Virginia Ayala, who takes vintage purses and applies fabric designs to them.
























Sweater and Jeans: The Limited
Belt and Necklace: Both old, not sure...
Boots: BareTraps from DSW
Earrings: Silverlake (CA) farmer's market
Purse: De La Luna Designs (CA)

Hopefully I'll have time for some work outfits this week.  Til next time... stay cool.

(Sunglasses: Tory Burch)

No comments:

Post a Comment